27 September, 2013

The Spread of Misinformation


I have recently become increasingly aware of both my own naivete the spread of (mis)information on the internet as a whole.  Without cited sources (which I try to do, but often fail at) one should treat such information with at least a dash of skepticism.

I modified an old post, found here:
to reflect one such change.

I apologize for any further misinformation spread on my part.  I encourage others to increase their vigilance when dealing with popular legends, myths and theoretical connections that we wish to make.

Also, my apologies specifically to the author and teacher at Tsubokai, Alan Wolfenden.  It is never my intent to post misinformation, so I encourage those who find something incorrect in my blog to point it out to me.

2 comments:

  1. Your post is a timely one. I also study Goju, and was just this week asking my teachers about 'non-Goju' kata Sochin and Unsu - attributed to Aragaki (the contemporary of Miyagi's teacher).

    Thank you for the correction...although since the portion is edited out, and not footnoted...the insertion of the 'Edit' is confusing and probably unnecessary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment, Narda. I removed the items I copied at request. I figured it best to explain to any who had seen the previous material. Sorry for any confusion.

      Delete